Visitors can listen to this website with BrowseAloud, which is free
to website visitors and can be easily downloaded from the BrowseAloud
What is BrowseAloud?
BrowseAloud makes websites more accessible and reader-friendly to
those who require online reading support. It works by reading web
pages aloud in a natural-sounding voice. The user simply hovers the
mouse pointer over the text to hear it read aloud.
What does BrowseAloud look like?
BrowseAloud features and options are accessed from an easy to use,
floating toolbar .
You can position this toolbar anywhere
on your screen or hide from view, as you prefer.
What will BrowseAloud do for me?
- Reads web pages aloud in a natural-sounding voice (includes
websites, intranets, extranets, html, accessible Flash, form fields,
- Reads secure web pages
- Reads PDF and Word documents in their original format
- Highlights each word as it is spoken to show you where you are
on the page
- Magnifies text to your chosen font size and font style
- Translates word-for-word between English, French, German,
Italian and Spanish
- Looks up accurate dictionary definitions
- Masks information on the screen to help you focus on a
- Converts text to MP3
Who does BrowseAloud help?
BrowseAloud helps any website visitor who requires online reading
support. This includes those with learning difficulties such as
dyslexia, mild visual impairments and those with English as a second
BrowseAloud is the world leading text-to-speech solution from Texthelp Systems Ltd which is
designed to improve website accessibility for those with literacy
difficulties, learning difficulties such as dyslexia, mild visual
impairments or where English is a second language. With a choice of 17
high quality voices covering 9 international languages and a number of
unique features, BrowseAloud is quickly being adopted worldwide.
Texthelp Systems Ltd was formally incorporated in 1996 and
specialise in the design of assistive software solutions to support
those struggling to read and write. The company is a Microsoft Gold
Certified Partner, an Adobe Solutions Network Developer, an Apple
Business Partner, an HP Business Partner and is ISO 9001:2008
accredited. For the past ten consecutive years, Texthelp Systems Ltd
has been a Deloitte Technology Fast 50 award winning company.
How do I download BrowseAloud?
Download BrowseAloud from the BrowseAloud website:
If you need anymore help, contact the Support Team on:
- Tel: +44 (0) 28 9442 8105
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to download and run BrowseAloud, you must have the following
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, Vista or XP
- Pentium Processor 800MHz + upwards
- Sound Card + Speakers
- 15MB Free Disk Space
- Recommended Browsers: Internet Explorer 6, 7 or 8, Firefox 3.5
- For PDFs: Acrobat Reader 9,10
Apple Mac users:
- OSX 10.3.9 or later (now supports Mac OSX Snow Leopard)
- 256 Mb RAM (512 Mb is preferable)
- Compatibility with Power PC or Intel processor.
- Browser: Safari v3 or later 20MB disk space
BrowseAloud on Your Website
If you wish to have your website BrowseAloud enabled contact
David Sutton Consulting Pty Ltd for information.